Monday, August 2, 2010

The Summer of Ali and Roberto

The Bachelorette is ridiculous and the farthest thing from reality.  I realize this.  But I couldn't help getting sucked in this season.  I just love Ali.  I think she is adorable, and I am going to continue to tell myself that she made good decisions throughout this process - like only snuggling on the overnight dates.  Right!? And sometimes her hair extensions were more out of control than Joey Potters roots but I still just got hooked despite them.  I couldn't help myself...okay?!?! Anyway.  I had some ladies over to watch the culmination of this summers television event.  Here are some shots from the evening along with some thoughts.

Oh Chris.  Here you are looking off into the Tahitian sun.  You have no idea that you are about to get dumped.  I am not so secretly hoping that you'll be the next Bachelor!!! (a side note - please do not go on The Bachelor Pad, because that show is going to be WAY too much for these eyes to see.)


Ali, you look so pitiful in this moment.  I was really ticked at you.  I was SO team Chris.  But then I was proud of you Ali.  For not stringing him along.  You go girl.  You go down in that Bachelorette History.

I was actually quite distressed over this shocking break-up.  So I ate one of these and then felt much better.

I was totally team Chris, but I have to admit this guy is pretty cute, they are pretty cute together and that ring was pretty awesome. 

And even if he does sweat more than Whitney Houston, I think Roberto was the one that she was smitten with from the start. PLEASE last more than 6 months and restore my faith in reality tv.  You can do it Ali and Roberto I know you can!!!

And lastly I would just like to add... in your FACE Reality Steve.  You were w-r-o-n-g!!!

1 comment:

  1. Umm...how did I miss this post?!?! Good thing I caught it because I have some serious comments.

    1. Please don't tell anyone that I don't think I have ever missed an episode of the Bachelor or Bachelorette. Seriously, I remember watching it undergrad which was like 10 years ago at this point!

    2. TEAM CHRIS?!! What the heck? I was SO Team Roberto all the way. Of course, I am a sucker for a guy in a baseball uniform.

    3. I am excited that Chris will be the next Bachelor though.

    4. Why did you not post the recipe for those yummy cupcakes? I am craving.

    5. I am TOTALLY placing my bets on Ali and Roberto making it and I have not, I repeat...HAVE NOT said that since Ryan and Trista who are happily married now with some little ones running around. You heard me. I said it. They are FOR REAL. And they met on a reality tv show.

    ReplyDelete