Saturday, July 31, 2010

Brookies!

So this weekend the hubs was gone for a man trip with his dadio. Therefore, I baked.  I was at my parents new house, and decided to make a little homemade goodness.  Now, I've made these sweet treats before and they were so easy and delish that I decided to do it again!  Here is the recipe.  Warning: May Cause Drooling.

Ingredients:
1 Betty Crocker Cookie Mix
1 Betty Crocker Ultimate Hershey Brownie Mix
12 oz. Semi-Sweet Morsels
6 tbs butter
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Get your bake on:
Prepare the brownies according to the box, and then pour into a 9x13 pan. Prepare the cookies according to the box, and drop heaping tablespoons of dough into the brownie mix.  You might have to push them down a bit.  It should look something like this:


Now bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Like this!


And then.  WAIT.  An hour.  I know - it's killer but it really will help. Go take your psychotic lab puppy on a walk or something. Whatever.  I didn't wait an hour this time before I added the ganache, and they didn't stick together as well as the first time.  Not that the gooey falling apart brookies weren't still amazing!!!

After about 45 minutes whip up your ganache.  And tell people you are whipping up ganache.  Because it sounds fancy and impressive.

Heat the butter and cream on medium heat in a small saucepan to just before boiling point.  Then pour it onto the semi-sweet morsels, and whisk together until smooth.  Possibly looking a little like this:







Pour the ganache over the brookies and spread it ALLLLLLL over. Then.  If you have any willpower left whatsoever, let the ganache set before you eat them.  This also helps with the sticking together thing!


After the ganache is set, cut into small (or large!) squares, get a big ol' glass of milk and enjoy!!! Thank-you www.bakerella.com !!!

1 comment: