Wednesday, July 28, 2010

1412

There is this place I have always called, "home." Not, "my parents house, or mom and dad's" but home.  And on Friday it will become someone else's home.  There are 22 years of memories at home.  Many birthday parties, first slumber party, sleeping on the floor in my parents room in a sleeping bag during storms, reading Laura Ingalls Wilder books at bedtime with my dad, dance parties in the garage with the neighbors down the street,  the first time a boy picked me up in a car (Let's praise God THAT didn't work out :), packing up my room for college, only to move back in right before I married the love of my life and have one more slumber party with the oldest of girlfriends before the big day. But time has come for change.  And I know the home that will now be called, "mom and dads" will soon be filled with plenty of new memories. But that being said... 1412 has been good to me.  And it will be missed! 















4 comments:

  1. It made me sad when the For Sale sign went up! You can always come visit the neighborhood at my place if needed!

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, that made me sad! Isn't it crazy how many memories a house can hold?!? Good for you for having a positive attitude about it though!

    P.S. - Got your blog comment and it made me smile. I have no doubt that you will be WAY cooler than I am when you "grow up." You are an amazing woman and you will be an amazing mother some day. I just know it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. - Been curious to ask who did your wedding photography. You have to let me know! I love stalking other photographer's blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Julia and what's weird is I COMPLETELY remember that house! I was what four? You were the best baby sitter ever from what i can remember :)

    ReplyDelete