Saturday, July 7, 2012

Ecuador {HOME}

I am so glad I was given the opportunity to go on this trip. Our church was SO generous in sending this group to do God's work. I am blessed with family and friends that were praying alongside me through this whole trip.  I will never forget Casa de Fe .  Check out their website.  Pray for these people -  for Tandy and Dwight.  For Patti Sue - the founder.  Pray for the children and the tias and the maestros.  I can't thank God enough for the experience that I had there. They are blessed, and I am better for knowing them, and the work that they do.

I hope to go back one day.  Maybe with Evan, Grayson and whatever other children we are blessed with. I'm so thankful for the perspective I got.  I'm so thankful that I was shown and reminded what living simply looks like. Shown that it's okay to slow down, and be still. Shown that I don't "need" everything that I think I do.  I'm beyond grateful for a healthy baby boy that has 2 parents that love and care for him each and every day.

As we walked to the lobby - we could see in the distance our families waiting for us. Of course the tears just started coming!  The kids started running towards us.  And there was my Grayson - talking away and squirming in his daddy's arms.  Grateful.  Thankful.  Blessed.

Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do,whether in word or in deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."




No comments:

Post a Comment