Christmas is so much better when you have a baby to share it with. I just feel like it puts things in perspective. For instance - I had a WHOLE new respect for Mary this Christmas. Giving birth in a freezing cold barn with animals around and most importantly...no epidural?!?! No, but honestly thinking of how devoted she was to God, to give birth to her son, our Savior and only 30 years later to witness his death, and still stand so strong in her faith...that's what Christmas is about. And having my little man this year made me think of these things. Not that presents, family, parties, and friends aren't fun and wonderful (we enjoyed all of these things as well). But Jesus. Mary and her sacrifice. That's the real deal.
Here are pics from our sweet Grayson's 1st Christmas Morning. I can't even explain how blessed I feel to call him ours. We love him so much. And what is so crazy and awesome...is that Jesus loves him even more.
Grayson's Gifts from Santa
Loving the Choo-Choo!
Hey mom!
Checking out his nativity!
Loving the monkey from Da-da!
Merry Christmas Morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment