Sunday, June 5, 2011

Last Days of School!

So as pumped as I am that I am able to stay home with Grayson for this next year - I had lots of mixed emotions during the last days of school.  Evan and my amazing family took a Saturday a couple weeks ago to clean everything out, and as I was taking my bulletin boards down, the tears just started streaming down my face.  Which had to seem incredibly ridiculous to Evan bc every night for the past few months all I have been saying is, "I can't wait to be done....I just can't wait to be done!" But something about taking down those bulletin boards got to me.  I mean teaching was what I did ON MY OWN before I was married and had this sweet man to take care of me.  I graduated from college, and had my career.  And even though at this point it's only a year that I am taking off from teaching - it was just weird to be packing stuff away.  Now.  Don't get me wrong.  Despite the tears during the bulletin board fiasco, along with a few more when my fellow teachers got onstage the last day of school to perform the teacher dance, I am overjoyed that I get to stay home with our baby boy.  There is nothing I want more. This year is going to be full of changes for Evan and I.  I know that God is going to provide and yet, stretch us in ways that we couldn't imagine.  I am thankful that he has blessed us with each other and soon to be Grayson to do life together! So anyway.  Now that I kind of went off on a tangent...here are a few pics from the last days of school.

Me and my partner and crime ready to Luau it up!

My little darlings.

A sad, yet relieving sight!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy for you that you get to stay home with Grayson for a whole year. I know you are going to love it and be a fantastic mom!

    ReplyDelete