Sunday, September 28, 2014

Easy

Today someone asked me if I was working. My response... "No I'm staying home at least for this year."

The reply, "Well that makes things easy."

Easy. Well, okay. In my mind it's all hard.

The last couple years when I was working, I would look at moms that stayed home and think, "That is so amazing.  You are way more devoted to your kids than me."

When I stayed home my first year with Grayson I would look at moms that worked and think, "That is so amazing.  You can work all day and then come home and be an incredible mommy.  You are helping your family so much."

Stay at home moms, full time working moms, part time working moms, single moms, military moms (the 2 latter are saint like in my opinion ya'll). I just think it's all hard. And also ALL. SO. WORTH. IT.

But just next time you ask a mom what she does. Don't tell her it's easy. Just maybe tell her she's doing a good job.  Maybe just buy her a bottle of wine. Maybe just unload the dishwasher for her. Maybe just watch her kids for an extra hour after work so she can run to the grocery store by herself. Maybe let her go ahead of you in line at said grocery store if she has her kids with her. Maybe just bring over dinner, ring the doorbell, give her a hug and walk away. Because you know it's not easy.  And don't punch the tiny ounce of confidence she has in the gut by saying so.

Maybe next year I'll go back to work.  But for now, I guess I'm taking the easy road.

And because I think a blog post without pictures is just plain boring...


No comments:

Post a Comment