Sunday, June 29, 2014

Grayson Lawrence Gundy {3 Years Old}

My Grayson-

I literally did not just type that.  3 years old?! How can it be.  I promise it was just yesterday that we threw everything into the car and rushed to the hospital and they put you in my arms.  It was just yesterday that you made me a mama.  The best job in the whole world.

You are giving me a run for my money lately kid. But, man what you are teaching me as I run. You are teaching me so much about the grace and mercy that Jesus has for his children.  You are teaching me how to be patient and be true to my word.  You are teaching me the importance of using my words carefully and thoughtfully.  The importance of a peaceful household.  You are showing me that I can let go of things that don't really matter to make you and your brothers world a happy and safe place.

You've done so much this year.  You moved out of the house you first lived in, and into your Gigi's house. You are about to move into your new house.  You love visiting it and showing everyone your room! We visited legoland and the dinosaurs at the zoo.  You cried about Santa Claus and Mr. Kem. You dressed up as Nemo for Halloween. You are learning to be brave when you are scared of the t rex and the car wash and the monsters under your bed. You are making sweet friendships that I am praying will last you a lifetime. You love to swing and slide and play at the splash pad. You love gymnastics and soccer and getting a chocolate milk at Starbucks and a red slushy at Sonic.

But... my favorite thing that you have done this year is become a big brother.  I never new that I could love you more.  But seeing you kiss and laugh and play with your brother makes my cup overflow so much that I can't help but fall on my knees and praise the God who gave me both of you.

You have grown up so much this year bubba.  It's so hard for me yet so great too.  Your favorite phrase right now is, "No I need to do it!" And I know.  I know you need to do it.  You need to put on your shoes even if they are on the wrong foot and two different colors.  You need to put on your hat even if you pull it down so much that it's going to cover up your whole face.  You need to jump off the stairs even if you are going to cry afterwards. You need to hit your brother even if you will go to a time out afterwards.  You need to grow up even if it makes your mama cry.  Because my good Lord - what a blessing it is to watch you do it - to watch you learn and grow and figure it out.

I pray that you my sweet Grayson.  Will be rooted and established in His love.  That you will have the power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  So that you will be filled with the fullness of God.

Mommy loves you big baby boy.  But Jesus loves you biggest.





1 comment: