Sunday, June 2, 2013

{30} Bring. It. On.

So basically since I turned 29 last year I've been freaking out about turning 30.  My poor friends.  My poor husband.  Crying randomly about it...at any given moment - a commercial, or a nostalgic song on the radio, if Grayson said or did something that struck a cord with me.  I'm sure they are all relieved (as am I) that the big day has come and gone...and I survived!

Best. Birthday. Ever.  Evan is AMAZING.  I would like to say here that he is a horrible secret keeper.  It's actually quite endearing the way he gets so excited about things and just can't keep it to himself.  Dropping "subtle" hints that are more "give away what we are actually doing." But he did manage to have some plans up his sleeve that I knew nothing about.

On my actual birthday it was low key which was really nice.  We went to the gym and brunch.  Then Grayson went down for a nap while I went and got a mani/pedi. When I got back from that Evan gave the the most amazing gift! It's a book of letters and pictures from amazing friends at each different walk of life over the past 30 years and of course my family too.  So I basically spent an couple hours laughing and crying while pouring over these priceless letters!  I really don't know how to describe all the emotions I felt while reading it.  Like I said, the best gift ever! We ended the night at Mi Cocina with our families and ate some DELICIOUS cake!

Then came Saturday...Evan told me to pack a bag and that we were going to dinner.  With the "subtle" hints I mentioned earlier, I figured that we were going to dinner and that a few friends would be there to meet up with us.  I was right! And it was so fun.  My friends spoiled me rotten with amazing gifts! Candles, nail polish, fun jewelry, a fabulous monogrammed purse, an amazing wallet and of course LuLu Lemon...and a basket of "30 things you can do while wearing your LuLu." So creative these girls! After dinner, Evan told me that the 2 of us were staying at the Mayo for the night.  We did that once before, and it was so nice! This did not seem out of the ordinary to me. We got to the room and I told Evan... "Is it so lame that I just want to put on my sweats and watch tv..." (Uh - mom life for you right there!!!) He said that there was live music on the roof and we should at least go check it out for a bit.  So glad we did because...

SURPRISE! All of these amazing people were waiting for us at the top! I was shocked.  It was a gorgeous night with live music, Evan had some yummy treats catered, and some of my favorite people were there to celebrate with! He pulled out all the stops, and I know he worked so hard on making the night perfect and it was.  What. A. Man. I'm so thankful and grateful for all these incredible people God has placed in our life!

So 30 is off to a good start.  All you 20 somethings out there don't worry... it's a great club to be in!



























No comments:

Post a Comment