Saturday, April 28, 2012
Sweet {Maggie}
So I'm a bit behind on blogging...sickness. attempting to keep my house in order, birthday celebrations, getting a {Surprise!} part-time job for next year (teaching 4 year olds with one of my teacher besties YAY!) and many other things have taken over for this mama. But I absolutely cannot forget to blog about our sweet Maggie. Two years ago I was taking a day off work to celebrate the hubs birthday. I got a call from my principal that a sweet puppy had followed kids to school and she swore she was meant for us! After a stay at the vet for a weekend, we picked her up that Monday and she was ours! Our "first" born fur baby. Fast forward 2 years...enter Grayson. The real baby. The one we clearly love WAY more than the sweet pups, who was not so sweet on our G man. Growling at him, and cowering away when he tried to pet her, and being very skiddish around him was not going to work. It took awhile, but we finally found a home for her a couple weeks ago. It was so bittersweet to say good-bye to her! I cried - but only for like 10 minutes. I gave myself 10 minutes, had a pep talk with myself about how she is JUST a dog and then hugged on my handsome little man and didn't so much feel sad anymore. She is way happier now - running on acres of land, not getting scolded every 5 seconds because she was mean to G or chewed something up out of boredom, getting much more attention and exercise I'm sure. We love you Mags and will miss you lots!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment