January 17th, 2014. 2 Weeks and 5 days before Hudson is supposed to come. Sitting in the gym with my pre-k kiddos at about 2 pm. My conversation with myself.
I think my water just broke.
Well that wasn't very dramatic, surely you just had a momentary lapse in blatter control (tmi- maybe but it's my story and if that's too much for ya then you might want to stop reading...)
Nope it's still happening so I'm pretty sure your water just broke.
Uhhhh it's 3 weeks early. You were just at the doctor yesterday.
You should probably go to the hospital.
Well I don't want to be one of those girls that goes to the hospital and gets sent home...
After a reality check with the on call doctor. 5 pm.
My sweet Hudson Swager. Man were you ready. They moved me into labor and delivery around 7 pm. My contractions weren't very strong yet, and I was still in shock from the fact that you were indeed coming whether we were ready or not. They wanted to give me meds to help you along but I just really didn't want anything that was going to help you along before I had the drugs that were going to help ME along! About an hour later I was asking for the epidural...still not quite far along enough. 9:30 pm - I looked at your daddy and said I AM DONE. Surely it's time. The nurse comes in and says YES! I'll call the anesthesiologist.
Praise the Lord of Heavenly Hosts! All is about to be right in the world.
Until it's not. Until your dramatic mama can't hold still for the glorious relief to begin. Only for once in her life it's not her being dramatic. She in fact cannot hold still because you are ready to party.
Random nurse... "Um I think she is trying to push. I think she might be ready. Lay her down so I can check her. Uhhhh yeah she's ready. And there's his head!"
The next what I'm guessing is about 5-10 minutes is the biggest blur ever. The epidural man leaving. Me yelling NO!!! at him like a crazy person. Looking at your daddy and saying "I. CAN. NOT. DO. THIS." And him saying - "Yes you can because you already are. PUSH." My eyes were closed so tight. I opened them to the sweetest nurse in my face saying - "Push mama! His head is already out!" And it was. And in one more push my worst nightmare became a dream come true at 10:13pm when they put you in my arms.
Hudson Swager Gundy
6 pounds 1 oz.
19 inches long
January 17, 2014 10:13 pm
That was really hard. I'd never heard those noises come out of my body before. I'm sure everyone in that hospital thought I was a NUT. I wish I could say I was calm and had a doula and was ready for the natural side of things but I wasn't. Thank God for your rational, patient, sweet daddy. (Who - side note here - is STILL complaining that I squeezed his hand really hard and it hurt for days after. So sorry honey. I was preoccupied.)
Anyhow - I think I blocked out the pain already. Because I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think that is the mercy and grace of our sweet Jesus. We prayed for things to be quick. We prayed for no forceps or interventions to be had. We prayed for you to be perfect and healthy and you are.
You were ready for the Gundy Party of 4 to begin!


So glad I randomly decided to check your blog today! You are AMAZING! I'm pretty sure I would walk around with a shirt boasting of my accomplishment if I were you. ;) Seriously, so many congrats on another sweet baby boy and WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete