Sunday, December 2, 2012

Favorite {Things}

I was so excited to host a Favorite Things party with all of my girlfriends this weekend! It was a blast.  If you've never heard of a Favorite Things party this is how it works... depending on your number of guests you ask everyone to bring a certain amount of "favorite things".  If you had a smaller number of people coming  (5-7ish) then you could have everyone bring that amount of favorite things and then you would get a gift from everyone.  We had 20 people so I just told everyone to bring 5 (of the same) favorite thing (more on how that works in a bit.)

You can bring anything you want as your favorite thing... people brought things from cleaning supplies, to bath products, a Target v-neck, nail polish, a cute mug, printables from Pinterest, recipes, etc. My favorite thing this year was Birchbox.  I made my own Birchbox with 5 of my faves from this year... A banner made from my Cricut, a hair tie, Ulta Red Carpet Red nail polish, Washi Tape, and Starburst Favereds. I wish I would have taken a pic of all of it but I forgot! 

Back to the fact that we had 20 people... I told everyone to bring 5 things. When you get to the party you write your name on 5 pieces of paper and put them in a bowl.  Once everyone has done that- you draw five names out (making sure not to get your own name or the same name twice) and those are the people who get your favorite thing! I feel like that explanation might have been kind of confusing but hopefully you get the idea!

For the party favor I did a little gift bag with a few of my favorite things. I printed a couple recipes off Pinterest, typed up some verses from Priscilla Shirer's The Resolution for Women, made a fun Christmas mix, threw in some Dove Peppermint Bark and printed off some pictures from Snapstagram. 

We had a great time eating brunch and exchanging our favorite things. You should do this with your girlfriends sometime soon!





















No comments:

Post a Comment