Wednesday, August 1, 2012

{Swimming} Lessons

For a couple weeks in July Grayson and I did the Diaper Dolphins class at Miller Swim School.  I was really nervous because at the beginning of the summer we went swimming and he screamed for literally 15 minutes straight in the pool.  But I was determined not to have a child who was terrified of the water.  So off to Diaper Dolphins we went. He did great! I think it helped that the water was a little warmer and he was distracted the whole time by songs, toys, etc.  He even went under a few times and did great then too. Now when we go swimming he isn't scared of the water, in fact the wants me to let go of him, but doesn't quite understand that he would sink to the bottom if I did that! He also prefers to just run around the pool...have I mentioned that I have quite an active child!? Wouldn't have it any other way!!!










1 comment:

  1. You had Miss Chanel!! We had her for Flipper's this Summer! We are continuing Flippers this fall on Thursday evenings, if you want to join you should :)

    ReplyDelete