Sunday, February 19, 2012

I love Heart Day ... a Valentines rant!

I love. LOVE. love. Valentines Day.  I even loved it when I was single.  Obviously I love it more now with a husband and cute baby BUT even before all of that wonderfulness I loved it.  I love celebrating friendships, family and the relationships full of LOVE in my life.  I love the pink and sparkly stuff that is everywhere. I get SO mad when people say - "Oh, it's just a retail holiday - you should celebrate love everyday and it's so sad if you have to make a big deal out of Valentines day."  Well Bull - you know what.  Get over yourselves. We don't HAVE to make a big deal out of anything but we CHOOSE too! My sweet husband is incredibly thoughtful all year long (and I'd like to think I'm pretty sweet to him as well) but that doesn't mean we don't want to celebrate all the love in our lives even MORE on a special day.  And before Evan my parents loved me bigtime all year long but I still got Valentine goodies and flowers to celebrate LOVE on Heart Day. In high school my girlfriends and I bought matching Valentines pj's, sent candy grams to each other and dreamed of the day that Justin Timberlake would ask us to be his. I know- right? I've been this way awhile.  So...roll your eyes if you will.  Call me a mushy, gushy, nerdy hopeless romantic.  I will fully admit to all of those things. And I enjoy every moment of being that way...
I will say that my husband is a bit of a hopeless romantic extremely manly man. He usually has something up his sleeve. We did meet on Valentines 4 years ago so it's pretty special to us. This year we went out on the night before Valentines to Flemings (we love gift cards!!!) and saw The Vow (insert hopeless romantic here).  Evan was a trooper - we'll go see GI Joe or something next time ha. And then on the actual day we stayed in with our sweet Grayson, ordered a heart shaped pizza and watched Sleepless in Seattle (who doesn't love Tom and Meg!?).  It was by far my favorite Valentines I've ever had! I hope you got over yourselves and celebrated all of the LOVE around you this year... XOXO!

{Date night}

{Cutie}



 {One of my sweet dates for V-Day}

{Little Sweetie}

{My loves}

No comments:

Post a Comment