10 years later I'm a wife and a mother. I squeezed my sweet baby boy a little bit tighter today.
I prayed as I was rocking him that something so terrible would never happen in his lifetime. I prayed especially hard tonight that he would come to know his Jesus, that he would love Him and find himself in Him. That he would trust Him with his life. So that he will be safe from things like bombs and terrorists. Because as much as I want to save him from everything terrible in the world... I can't. But He can.
{Sweet boy}
Now that I'm crying - I'll move on to tell you what we got the opportunity to do today! We have been attending a new church for us the past few months, and today 1600 people from Asbury united to serve in Tulsa. We served to remember and honor those who died on September 11th, and those who continue to serve our county. It was such an amazing thing to be a part of - after watching a bit of the coverage before church this morning (I had to turn it off if mascara was ever going to happen...) it was awesome to turn the sorrow into serving. Jesus turns ashes into beauty, and I feel like I got a tiny glimpse of that today. Now it was quite hilarious, as there were 3 of us with new babies attempting to sort through stuff - but we did what we could and enjoyed our time together. Here is a pic of us "working" today. Grayson is kind of hidden behind his buddies Phoebe and Sutton - but still you get the idea!
{Serving}
Last, at the risk of being slightly cliche I leave you with the words to the song, "God of This City." We sang it this morning, and I don't think anything could have been better. These words ring true for Tulsa, New York, America and all of this World. There is no one like Our God. May we always Remember.
You're the God of this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
You're the King of these people
You're the Lord of this nation
You are
You're the Light in this darkness
You're the Hope to the hopeless
You're the Peace to the restless
You are
There is no one like our God
There is no one like our God
For greater things have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
Greater thing have yet to come
And greater things are still to be done in this City
What a beautiful post! And a lovely prayer for little G!
ReplyDelete