I do, however feel like I owe him my life. I do feel like he paid the ultimate sacrifice and I'm completely indebted to him, and want to live my life serving him, honoring him and giving him glory in all that I do. It was a sick, sick, horrible thing that we did to Him. Berating Him. Spitting on Him. Hurling insults at Him. Flogging Him. Putting Him on that cross. Every time I read about it, or think about it I'm brought to tears. The pit of my stomach is punched in. And I'm reminded of the grace that flows because this Man took on my sins. The sin of the WHOLE world.
I did watch it with different eyes this time though. I watched it with the eyes of a mother. And the whole time I kept thinking - why Mary?! Why are you watching this? Just go home until it's over and He's won. Just go home and cry and pray and cry and pray. There is one point in the movie where she runs to him. She is of course stopped by a
Right before Jesus dies, she walks to him and kisses his feet (I don't know if that really happens, but it does in the movie) and as he is dying - he has so much empathy for his mother. He looks at her, and at John and says "Woman, here is your son. And to the disciple, "Here is your mother." John 19:26 And to me that right there encompasses Jesus Christ. Hanging on a cross. Dying for our sins. And making sure in his last breath that those he loves are taken care of. Whew.
So there is my review of a movie I will never, ever watch again.
But guess what ya'll... HE BEAT THE GRAVE.
"Death has a way of always looking like it's going to win. Right up until it doesn't."
A-FREAKING-MEN.
Well that was a little deeper than this tiny family blog usually gets. SO...We had such a fun Easter! Our service at church doesn't start until 11, so that gave us a fun morning at home. Grayson got lots of goodies in his Easter basket... a coloring book with markers, fruit snacks and of course Elmo, Elmo, Elmo! I don't know where this kids love of Elmo came from. We never even watched Sesame Street until one day out of the blue he just started saying Elmo over and over again! And now he's addicted. I mean he still doesn't sit still for more than a total of 7 minutes to watch something on the television... but he loves him some Elmo!
After church we went to Gigi and Poppy's house for lunch. The food was delicious, and of course Grayson was sufficiently spoiled by his grandparents! We hope you had a great day with the ones you love celebrating the resurrection of Jesus! We are so thankful for a God who gave us the ultimate sacrifice, abundantly blesses us, and gives us mercy and grace new every day - even when we don't deserve it.








No comments:
Post a Comment