I use the term back to school very loosely! I was so excited to find a very part time teaching job. I have 4 and 5 year olds about 15 hours a week. One day G goes to my mom's house, and the other 2 days he goes with me. It is working out well. There were a few tears shed at the beginning by both of us, but I think we are starting to get adjusted. I honestly feel like for me this is making me a better mother. I feel like I am more intentional in my time with him, and my time at home. I always thought I would strictly be a stay at home mom...and maybe one day I will again! But this is working for us right now, so we are going with it! It's scratching the tiny teacher itch I was getting, and giving G some time with other kids and adults which I think is great for him. I do have to choose every day to have no "mommy guilt." I feel like no matter what kind of mom you are...stay at home, working full time outside of the home or part time - fighting against mommy guilt is something that gets to all of us. But for now, I know this is the right choice for our family and I am so glad God has blessed us with this opportunity! PS - did I mention I was teaching with one of my besties?! Yeah for the dream team!
{Meet the Teacher}
{Mommy's First Day}
{Grayson's First Day}
{Showing our Sooner love}
No comments:
Post a Comment