Monday, January 30, 2012

7 months!

I know I always say time flies, but the 6 - 7 month mark flew by faster than any other.  I'm not sure if it's because we were gone at the beginning of the month and then it took us awhile to get settled - but either way I can't believe G is over half a year old!!! 


{Sleeping}

Oh sleeping is going SO MUCH BETTER Praise the Lord!  You are usually sleeping 12 hours a night from 7:30-7:30.  You then play and talk in your crib until about 8.  Sometimes you fall back asleep though, and that is just fine with us.  You usually take a nap for a couple hours in the morning, and a couple hours in the afternoon and then sometimes a short evening nap. Like I've said before, I think you would go to sleep at 6 pm, but we just can't have that.  And of course the reason for all of this sleeping is your obsession with wubbanubs. Whatever it takes sweet boy!


 {Busy Boy}

You are playing, laughing, talking and just SO busy! You have mastered rolling over from your tummy to your back, and have done back to tummy a few times as well.  In fact you did that at 5 am the other day and then were so out of it that you couldn't get yourself turned back over because you were ramming into your bumper.  It was quite sad and hilarious, but daddy came to your rescue, rolled you onto your back, and all was well.  One time this month, you were sitting up in your crib while mommy was putting stuff away and all of the sudden I looked over and you were pulling on the railing of the crib smiling mischievously...what a big boy! Might be time to lower the crib?!?! 

{Bathtime}

Bath time is one of your favorites!  If you are getting fussy before bedtime, a bath will calm you down.  You are growing right out of your baby bath tub, and we are going to need to transition to the grown up tub.  I'm nervous since it's so slippery that you might fall over, but you are getting so big we will have to try soon!


 {Eating}

Eating is going really well! So far you have eaten avocados, squash, peas, broccoli, green beans, and sweet potatoes.  You have loved all of it except green beans (we are going to try again soon!) and I think the broccoli upset your tummy so we didn't eat to much of that.  You are eating sweet potatoes this week, and love love loving them! We are feeding you 2 oz. of food twice a day (lunch and dinner) followed by a 6 oz bottle.  You still take an 8 oz. bottle in the morning and at bedtime.  Next week we are going to do sweet potatoes and the week after I think I might introduce fruit!  I've been trying to focus on veggies first because I'm scared if you got that sweet taste of fruit first, you wouldn't eat your veggies! As you can see from the pic below with daddy - your belly is doing just fine.  I'm guessing maybe a bit over 22 lbs.  BIG BOY!


You are really chatting it up.  Once this month when you were talking away, daddy and I stopped and looked at each other because we swore you said"ma-ma".  I can only hope this will be your first word! You are also starting to reach out to people when you want them to hold you and that is so sweet too.  


You are sitting up all by yourself, and like to make yourself fall onto your tummy, roll onto your back and squeal with delight.  Once I caught you on all fours while you were in this process, and I know it's not going to be to long before you are crawling.  Watch out! 

 {Maggie}

Our Maggie girl is back!  She has been at training for the past month learning how to listen.  She is doing much better, but we still have lots of work to do!  I think she is actually a little bit scared of you which is so weird, but oh well.  We hope that you guys will grow up to love each other lots!


Happy 7 months big boy!

*Side note.  One of my goals this year is to start taking more pics with our regular camera as opposed to the iPhone!!  They are so much better... I just need to remember to keep it with me at all times!

No comments:

Post a Comment